Monday, January 12, 2015

Patchin' the Frame

So that big hole in the frame we were worried about......Got that taken care of. Alittle wire wheel action quickly revealed that all concerns about rust were entirely superficial. The pictures really dont do justice to how minor it really was. Moral of the story, Ill be dead and gone before the little bit of rust on the inside of that tube ever becomes an issue. Thank god for Arizona I guess.
So what to do about the hole? Piece of cake glob on abunch of boogery weld then grind it all flush. I am sure it wouldnt pass an X-Ray test, But I am certain it will pass the "wont make me crash and die" test. Once I get to stripping the frame and repainting, I think ill throw alittle bondo over the rougher spots. I am confident at this point that when all is said and done, it will be like nothing ever happened.

No comments: