Friday, January 9, 2015

Braaaaaaaaaap

Time to revive the Blog, This time as a method for update on my latest project. Having quit smoking and sold my awesome truck, my cool factor is at an all time low. I have no personal vehicle, I spend far too much time cleaning, and while I love the KLR, it is probably the only motorcycle in the world that gives you negative cool points (especially with the milk crate on the back). So I am building a cafe racer. Ive always enjoyed the look of these bikes and having recently acquired a pay raise and a welder I feel alittle more up to the challenge. The donor, a 1980 Honda CX 500.
I'll admit, alitte rough around the edges, but thats why it is a project. Main goal is to learn some new skills and have something to occupy myself in the evenings. One day It might even be a good looking motorcycle. At the very least I will get another bad idea out of my system. This is kinda the end game...........
Pretty badass right? Has a shaft drive, Laterally mounted V-twin, tubeless wheels, and it is about as badass as they come. I know ive got a long way to go before I get to that point, but thats kinda the idea. Because I am often accused of wasting money on these endeavors, I am going to try to keep a pretty good track of how much I have spent on this bike, maybe not down to the dime, but by the time all is said and done, i would like to have some idea how much I have into it. So in that spirit, full disclosure, I am paying $400 and a case of beer to have a non-running motorcycle delivered to my door tomorrow. Upon completion, and pending inspection, there is sufficient documentation around the bike to allow it to qualify for a clean, non-salvage, title. So that is worth something as well. More updates to come, I am very excited.

No comments: